• Lamarsh
    • An Anglo-Saxon name, not French.  Pronounced Lam-arsh, it was noted as “Lamers” in the Domesday Book of 1086
    • The population has not changed much since medieval days
    • Lamarsh has a grade 1 round tower church dating from 1140
  • Building
    • The Lamarsh Lion was a Boar Lodge called Brownings before 1305
    • It has had several names in its long history including “The Bell” and “The Red Lion